Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Visit to DTLA: July, 2015

I would like to try something new for this blog. I typically go to Downtown L.A. (DTLA) once a month, and I believe this would be the perfect platform to write about my experience for each trip I visit to that location.

For this month, I visited DTLA on July 11 and I drove to the parking structure next to the Atlantic Station for the Gold Line train. From there, I boarded the train and got off at the Little Tokyo Station. Each time I am able to visit DTLA, I am filled with excitement as I know DTLA is going through rapid changes for the better.

After a quick lunch, I walked by the location of the future train stop at 1st and Central:





Then, I walked over to Grand Park as there was an event called the Renegade Craft Fair (More info here: http://www.renegadecraft.com/losangeles. It was great seeing many people visiting the event and accordingly, the park. It was a very warm day, but it was worth seeing the many different items there.


From there, I took the red/purple line and got off at the Pershing Square Station to visit Pitchoun, a french bakery. I tried their croissant and macaroon and it was delicious. It's my second time visiting there, and I will go back there again.


After, I took pictures of the various major developments occurring throughout DTLA such as Oceanwide Plaza, 1200 Fig, Metropolis, and Wilshire Grand. In the process, I got to visit Fig at 7th and it was great to see many people visiting the shopping center and it felt vibrant with music.



Check out the pictures I have taken of the major developments in DTLA:

1200 Figueroa
Oceanwide Plaza
Metropolis

For dinner, I took the Purple Line train from 7th/Metro to Koreatown. I know, I know this is not a part of Downtown, but I still want to share :)

 (Above: Goat Stew [Yum Soh Tang] at Nam Dae Moon Jip in Koreatown)

(Above: Dessert at Snow LA in Koreatown)

After dinner, I took the subway back to Union Station and transferred from there onto the Gold Line to get back to the Atlantic Station and then to the parking structure.


There were couple occasions of encountering the homeless, but they were not aggressive. While I am not disparaging the homeless, but, in the past, I have encountered a homeless person that was aggressive. All in all, my experience at DTLA and using transit was great.

Stay tuned for next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DTLA Visit - Chinatown, South Park, Near Skid Row, Little Tokyo (11/28/2015)

It has been a while since the last visit back in July, 2015. For the month of November, we decided to first visit L.A.'s Chinatown. It h...